Women’s and Female-Presenting Person’s Climbing – July 17 from 10am -2pm meet at the Mt. Helena Trailhead. Contact Ravi if you have any questions 406-209-0862 (text preferred) or email email@example.com
Yoga+Climb July 31 and August 21, 10am – 2 pm – Yoga than climbing at Mt Helena. Stay tuned for the yoga location Contact Ravi if you have any questions 406-209-0862 (text preferred) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stop the Bleed – July 10 10am – 2 pm – Learn or refresh on important first aid skills. Your partner will thank you. Meet at the Mt. Helena parking lot to practice in a realistic environment. Contact Ravi if you have any questions 406-209-0862 (text preferred) or email email@example.com
Summer 2021 Meetup and Work days
Every other Tuesday Starting June 1st
June 15th 5:30pm Sheep Mountain Work and Climb
- Due to the high heat we are rescheduling this event. Stay tuned for a new date and time.
- This is a work event and we will climb afterward if we end up with time. Please sign up if you plan on attending. HCC will provide food and drinks. A more detailed information email will be sent out before the event to those who have signed up. Please use the link below to let us know you are coming https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRNlingCrzUOFIwS7QxtRjuN3fA0ZJ3EzivjDFlS2thQ8-rQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- June 29th 5:00pm Indian Creek Work and Climb
- This is a work event and we will climb afterward if we end up with time. Please sign up if you plan on attending. HCC will provide food and drinks. A more detailed information email will be sent out before the event to those who have signed up. Please use the link below to let us know you are coming https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScwET4FK2y71MsJilnlT2S27DHskI6qkd6lLq2cqzw9ewPPKQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- July locations TBD follow us on Social Media for updates! Instagram or Facebook
Upcoming Events Calendar
|June 23, 2021 at 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm||$7 Stonetree Night for HCC Members!|
|June 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm||Indian Creek Work and Climb Night|
|June 30, 2021 at 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm||$7 Stonetree Night for HCC Members!|
Interested in HCC events? Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know!
Hellgate work day
Volunteers improved access paths on the Westgate/ Winter Wall, improved belay pads and increased stabilization of staging areas. Thanks for all who came out to lend a hand!
Blue Cloud Adopt A Crag Event
At the end of August, 2019 HCC members made some improvements to the Blue Cloud access including installing a style by the gate to make crossing the fence easier, clearing trees from the access trail, and removing graffiti by the approach. We are fortunate to be able to access this crag through private property and efforts like this help maintain our positive relationship with the land owners.
2019 National Trails Day/ Adopt a Crag Event
Saturday June 1st, members of the Helena Climbing community tackled some much needed improvements to the trails and belay pads at the Mount Helena Crags. We cleaned up the trails to the Sunset Slabs clearing out the scree that has filled in some of the switchbacks and covered some of the user trails that have developed over the last year. Volunteers also improved the trail that runs under the Red Slab area to the Water Streak climbs and improved the belay pads along these walls.
Thank you to all the volunteers and organisations that made the 2019 Trails Day a success! Particularly MCC board members Brad and Andrew who helped secure permission for the work and worked out the logistics, Prickly Pear Land Trust who organized the entire Trail Day chaos, Montana Conservation Corps who provided some extra hands, the Montana Bicycle Guild who lent us tools, the city of Helena for working with us to continue to maintain and improve Mount Helena climbing, and the Helena Climbing Com.
National Trails Day 2018
On 2 June, 2018 we partnered with Prickly Pear Land Trust and Montana Conservation Corps to celebrate National Trails Day. Our volunteers spent the day improving the trails and belay pads on Mount Helena. Thanks to everyone who participated through labor or materials!